Tuesday, November 3, 2009

LinkedIn Downtown SF Holiday Party

Dear Group Members:
Please visit our blog to view this message in its intended format http://linkedindowntownsf.blogspot.com. I have good news about our upcoming holiday party. Mike Mauer, of the Julia Morgan Ballroom, here in Downtown SF, has graciously volunteered to host us for our holiday party. It will be held on Wednesday, December 9, 2009 from noon to 1:30pm. Attached, please find some photographs of this wonderful location.
I have a couple of people who have contacted me regarding sponsorship for this event as well. Please contact me if you are interested in contributing $250, which places your company's logo on all of the marketing materials and allows a few moments to introduce your company at the beginning of the event. If we get enough sponsors, then the event will be free to all group members. If not, there will be a nominal $5 cover charge to cover lunch and any other incidentals, and their will be a no host bar.
Here are a few items that I need some assistance with that I would like to discuss at our next Morning Cup of Java:
1. Flyer - Please let me know if you have any connections that would be willing to donate their skills and time to design a professional holiday flyer/invitation for us in jpeg format;
2. Decorations - I would really like to make our holiday party somewhat festive yet modest this year given the state of the economy, etc. We may have a small budget for this but I need someone who can solicit in-kind donations to make this happen (please see previous blog postings of pictures of our holiday social last year;
3. Greeters and Registration - I need just a couple of volunteers to make sure that everyone has their name tag and that people feel welcome; and
4. Ideas for any activities - These are all welcome.
Please post comments to the discussion and add any feedback that you feel will make this a memorable event. I look forward to networking with you all.
Very truly yours,
Kevin L. Nichols
Moderator

No comments:

Post a Comment